If you see this error message
Setup partially complete, sync again in 2 minutes seconds. Office 365 is not ready, then review the Sync Log for more details. The most common reason for this message is that the setup process cannot find specified Gateway and this message will show in the log.
If this is the case then the platform can see the domain is voice activated, but PSTN gateways not visible yet when setting the voice routes, The system will normally sleep 2.5 mins before checking this which is normally good enough.
The primary cause is that the change is not propagating readily through the Microsoft infrastructure.
This situation happens from time to time and may take a few hours to complete. Please come back later and click the Sync Now button again. If this error is not resolved within 24 hours, the issue may need to be escalated to Microsoft.
If you've waited 24 hours, and it's still not fixed
NOTE: We have seen some customers having to wait up to 5 days for Microsoft to activate the domain. This is an entirety unsatisfactory situation but we are powerless to influence this.
This is a delay on Microsoft's side, but as it's been more than 24 hours you should log it with the support service of Microsoft 365. Below we've prescribed some text to send if that helps:
- To do this, log in to the Microsoft 365 admin portal at https://www.office.com/
- Go to the Admin icon
- On the left hand side menu bar select "Show All" and the Support option will show
- Create a support request
(You will need to substitute the xxxxxxxxxxxx.XXXXXXXX fields with the specific text from your sync log)
Subject: Issue using Skype for Business Powershell to set up Teams Direct Routing. Error: Cannot find specified Gateway
This is the information they will need to log:
- This is an issue using Skype for Business Powershell to set up Teams Direct Routing.
- The environment is multi-tenant, so the PSTN Gateways are defined on the carrier tenant and not in the customer tenant.
- The PSTN Gateways listed below are domains on the customer tenant that have been validated and appear in the 'DomainUrlMap' property of 'Get-CsTenant'.
The command that is failing is:
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -Name "Call2Teams-USE0" -OnlinePstnGatewayList xxxxxxxxxxxx.XXXXXXXX.callto365.com -OnlinePstnUsages Call2Teams-USE -Priority "0" -NumberPattern ".*"
Cannot find specified Gateway "xxxxxxxxxxxx.XXXXXXXX.callto365.com"